Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Cliff...

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Brodoin

Brodoin

The Cliff... - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cliff...   The Cliff... - Page 31 EmptyMarch 7th 2013, 11:19 am

(I've been busier than bees lately, I'm sorry [and sorry for that bad pun]. You want to bring people in to keep it going, though?)

Derek eventually arrives at a somewhat familiar bus stop. He exits the bus and starts walking down the street. In a trance-like state, his mind and body feel as if they are acting on his own as he passes other people.
Back to top Go down
Kelsey

Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: The Cliff...   The Cliff... - Page 31 EmptyMarch 7th 2013, 3:06 pm

(no worries. and sure, maybe things can get interesting.)
As Marilyn say, she remembered Derek and tried to figure out what exactly she felt towards him. She was angry at herself, and feel perhaps maybe Derek thinks less of her.
What's gotten into me..?
Back to top Go down
Rin-Chan

Rin-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Cliff...   The Cliff... - Page 31 EmptyMarch 12th 2013, 9:13 pm

Anne promenaded towards the street. She noticed Derek.

"Nice to see you here," she said, shooting the breeze.

Last edited by Rin-Chan on March 16th 2013, 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://bigbrotherusa.rpg-board.net
Brodoin

Brodoin

PostSubject: Re: The Cliff...   The Cliff... - Page 31 EmptyMarch 15th 2013, 11:04 pm

Derek is jolted from his train of thought.
"Anne? What're you doing here?"
Back to top Go down
Rin-Chan

Rin-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Cliff...   The Cliff... - Page 31 EmptyMarch 16th 2013, 7:42 pm

Anne saw through Derek's dejected state of mind. She thought talking to him would at least give him time to recover from his negative feelings.

"I live here now,
" she said casually.

She put a hand on his shoulder. "You know, when people are often lost in thought, they're usually thinking hard about something that upsets them."

Anne honestly didn't want to implore for any sensitive information out of Derek, or lure him into bending his own ear. She had felt she gain some sense of maturity and reasoning now that that show was over. Like she grew and became another person from the short-lived experience.

She flashed Derek a reassuring smile, to emphasize the cogency of her statement.

"...So tell me what's wrong. If it'll help, I'll share some of my troubles, too."
Back to top Go down
Brodoin

Brodoin

PostSubject: Re: The Cliff...   The Cliff... - Page 31 EmptyMarch 18th 2013, 10:08 pm

Derek looks away and sighs.
"I messed up... I found Marilyn here too, and... I messed up. I'm looking for her now."
He hesitates then stops talking for a moment.
"I'm sorry, I just didn't expect to see you here. Um... how've you been?"
Back to top Go down
Rin-Chan

Rin-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Cliff...   The Cliff... - Page 31 EmptyMarch 19th 2013, 8:10 am

Anne was astounded by what Derek was saying to her. So he messed up, big deal. She had been the estranged wife of Devin Anderson, as a result from family quarrels. The disparate chasm between the rich and poor was never really destined to mesh. Thinking she was going to go on a leisurely stroll around town, she unexpectedly met with her former castmate of a long abandoned show. Coincidentally, Derek had problems, if not similar to hers.

"I actually don't like this town. It's too ghetto, but I can see why Devin lives here."

She forced a laugh, making a jocular lampoon to veer her inward state of malaise to apathetic selfishness.

"Well, after the show unexpectedly ended, I was forced to go home. Even though it was never broadcasted on TV, the secret of Devin and I being in a secret marriage was leaked. Apparently, a 'friend' of mine paid the producers to figure out my secret to use against me. I lost contact with many people who used to be close to me, and respect for myself along the way. Because get this, my diamond in the rough was really still in the rough. I turned him into a proper human being. Before he met me, he was a stoic alien who had no idea how to communicate his thoughts without scaring the crap out of people. He says he'll take care of me and our young daughter, but I don't want him anywhere near her after what he's said and done."

Anne took a big breath, as she did not want to fully reveal her full story. After all, she didn't want to confide in Derek, but she at least wanted someone to talk to.
Back to top Go down
Brodoin

Brodoin

PostSubject: Re: The Cliff...   The Cliff... - Page 31 EmptyMarch 21st 2013, 10:36 am

Derek raises his brow in surprise. He wants to continue and find Marilyn, but he's curious.
"You've got a daughter now, huh? He must've done something bad for you to not give him time with her. What's her name?"
Back to top Go down
Rin-Chan

Rin-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Cliff...   The Cliff... - Page 31 EmptyMarch 21st 2013, 3:56 pm

Anne smiled, giving out an aura of complacency that all parents sense, especially when talking about their little bundle of joy.

"Her name is Alice, like the titular character from Alice in Wonderland, written by Lewis Caroll. I spend all my childhood reading that book, it truly was one of my favorites, to the extent where I hoped one day to give that name to my future daughter. It so happens my wish was granted at age 16, but at what cost?"

Anne discontinued talking about herself, attempting to gear the conversation back to Derek since she's the one helping him out.

"How truly selfish of me. I still want to know the full story between you and Marilyn, so I can better commiserate with you."

---

Devin was seen blocking Marilyn's path, as he was too busy kicking an empty beer bottle to better assuage his anger.

Stupid Anne, stupid Alice, stupid family. Can't that first-class bitch ever listen to me instead of criticizing me? What I did was justified, either way.

"Well, at the very least I gave you a nice hotel to stay in this crappy town, because I'm not an awful person." He said, imitating Anne's condescending tone. "Fuck you, you don't understand anything." He rolled his eyes, his annoyance present in regards to his vituperative feelings.

He finally realized that Marilyn was standing right in front of him, and preventing several bellhops from making their deliveries to their proper suites. Standing dumbly in front of all these people, he quickly rebounded back to his suite.

"Yeah, I'll be going now," he said publicly as a repartee.

Last edited by Rin-Chan on March 22nd 2013, 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kelsey

Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: The Cliff...   The Cliff... - Page 31 EmptyMarch 21st 2013, 4:12 pm

(lol, Marilyn is at her house, Majo xD)
Back to top Go down
Rin-Chan

Rin-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Cliff...   The Cliff... - Page 31 EmptyMarch 21st 2013, 9:28 pm

(Bluh, thought she'd still be at the hotel. >W> But I still wanted Anne and Devin to talk to Derek and Marilyn receptively. ouo)
Back to top Go down
Kelsey

Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: The Cliff...   The Cliff... - Page 31 EmptyMarch 22nd 2013, 8:52 pm

(We'll just say he's walking down her street instead)

As Marilyn sat on her front porch, lifeless and dull, she had no thoughts. She kept her eyes on the same spot of the gravel road.

She comes back to reality when she hears the small rocks crunching beneath someone's feet. Around these parts, an eyes should be kept on anyone that comes around.

She lifts up her head only to see a familiar face walking down the road. She couldn't tell because of the distance, and her eyes being tired and bloodshot weren't helping either.

Is that....Devin..?
Back to top Go down
Brodoin

Brodoin

PostSubject: Re: The Cliff...   The Cliff... - Page 31 EmptyMarch 23rd 2013, 6:47 pm

(I'm in North Carolina, yo.)
Derek sighs.
"I don't know, it's really kind of personal, but... I don't know. We were getting along just fine, but I really screwed up. I went too far."
Back to top Go down
Rin-Chan

Rin-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Cliff...   The Cliff... - Page 31 EmptyMarch 25th 2013, 11:57 pm

Anne mentally rolled her eyes. So I get to tell you all my family worries, and you tell me nothing in return? I'm clearly not the same manipulative bitch I used to be back on the show. You could have let it out like I told you too, but I guess I'm done pressing you for details. After her initial state of frustration, Anne decided maybe Derek just wanted someone to talk to. If that was the case... "Let's go find Marilyn!" Anne exclaimed with excitement.

---

Derek's fit of pique had finally ceased. Perhaps Marilyn was a childhood friend, he couldn't really tell when he was inebriated with his favorite beverage- vodka. Just a shot of it was enough to get Devin's true passion flare up, and accentuate his vitriolic personality into high gear. The atmosphere of his hometown seemed so discordant to him now that he has been jaded. Blacked-out, he promptly bumped into Marilyn on the way to the bar, causing her to fall.
Back to top Go down
Kelsey

Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: The Cliff...   The Cliff... - Page 31 EmptyMarch 26th 2013, 4:09 pm

When Marilyn falls, she scrapes the palms of her hands on the road, catching herself.
She stands and wipes the dirt off her hands. Normally, she would have gotten pretty upset, but she was too out of it to care.

"Sorry."

She looked up, You look familiar.
Back to top Go down
Rin-Chan

Rin-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Cliff...   The Cliff... - Page 31 EmptyMarch 26th 2013, 10:24 pm

Devin looked up, groggily.

"Marilyn." He slurred out in attempt to keep his balance.
Back to top Go down
Kelsey

Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: The Cliff...   The Cliff... - Page 31 EmptyMarch 26th 2013, 10:28 pm

Marilyn's eyes widened.

"Oh, Devin?"
Back to top Go down
Rin-Chan

Rin-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Cliff...   The Cliff... - Page 31 EmptyMarch 28th 2013, 2:53 pm

"Y'h." He said so, with an air of brevity.
Back to top Go down
Kelsey

Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: The Cliff...   The Cliff... - Page 31 EmptyMarch 28th 2013, 8:09 pm

Marilyn was easily able to tell that he was drunk, half the people in this dead-beat town were drunk 70% of the time.
So this is what has become of you?
"Are you alright?
Back to top Go down
Brodoin

Brodoin

PostSubject: Re: The Cliff...   The Cliff... - Page 31 EmptyApril 1st 2013, 1:19 pm

Rin-Chan wrote:
Anne mentally rolled her eyes. So I get to tell you all my family worries, and you tell me nothing in return? I'm clearly not the same manipulative bitch I used to be back on the show. You could have let it out like I told you too, but I guess I'm done pressing you for details. After her initial state of frustration, Anne decided maybe Derek just wanted someone to talk to. If that was the case... "Let's go find Marilyn!" Anne exclaimed with excitement.

For a split second Derek caught frustration in Anne's eyes. He nods.

"Yeah, okay. And I'm sorry, I know you just went into detail on what's been going on in your life. It's just it I'm confused right now on it all. I let things go too far."
Back to top Go down
Kelsey

Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: The Cliff...   The Cliff... - Page 31 EmptyApril 3rd 2013, 9:55 pm

(GUYS, DON'T LEAVE ME! The Cliff... - Page 31 2442039969)
Back to top Go down
Brodoin

Brodoin

PostSubject: Re: The Cliff...   The Cliff... - Page 31 EmptyApril 5th 2013, 10:37 pm

(I'm still alive!)

After a pause Derek nods.

"Yeah, lets find her."
Back to top Go down
Kelsey

Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: The Cliff...   The Cliff... - Page 31 EmptyApril 8th 2013, 10:07 pm

(I say we just continue w/o Majo's characters since she's lost interest. Also, sorry i haven't been posting, I've been a Disney World (: )

Marilyn continue sitting of her porch, hesitant of actually walking inside. She didnt even know what to think.
Back to top Go down
Brodoin

Brodoin

PostSubject: Re: The Cliff...   The Cliff... - Page 31 EmptyApril 10th 2013, 12:00 am

(Lucky!)

Derek walks along the sidewalk, walking past the somewhat familiar sights. Eventually he finds it, Marilyn's house, with someone on the porch. As he gets closer he sees it is Marilyn herself. He takes his time as he steps closer, realizing that during the entire journey here he didn't think of what he should say to her.

He stops at the foot of the house.

"Hi."
Back to top Go down
Kelsey

Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: The Cliff...   The Cliff... - Page 31 EmptyApril 10th 2013, 3:20 pm

As soon as Marilyn heard Derek's voice, she choked up and didnt say a word. She was hoping that he wouldn't follow her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cliff...   The Cliff... - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Cliff...
Page 31 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Spam :: Off-Site RPGs-
Jump to: